|OBJECTIVE||To provide the best possible, uncompromising, state-of-the-art orthopedics emphasizing care of the hand and shoulder and knee including arthroscopic surgery and microvascular surgery and clinical research.|
|EDUCATION||Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
Including microvascular surgery
Loma Linda University Medical Center
|1986 to 1987|
|University of California, San Francisco
|1983 to 1986|
University of California, San Francisco
|1981 to 1983|
|MEDICAL SCHOOL||Medical School (3 year graduate)
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Chairman: Michael DeBakey, M.D.
|1978 to 1981|
|COLLEGE||University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Science Degree
|1974 to 1978|
- Microsurgical Course, Ralph K. Davies Medical Center, San Francisco, CA (Harry Buncke's Lab)
- Microsurgical Course, Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Pressure-Specified Testing Examination Supervisor Certificate, Dellon Institute, Baltimore, MD
- Mobile-Bearing Oxford Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty Certification in May 2013
- California X-ray Supervisor
- Canceled or dormant status: WY, KS, IN, SD
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand (both by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
- Effect of Temporary Disability (time off of work) Pre-op on Outcome and Return to Work Post-Op.
- Comparison of Results for Ipsilateral, Concomitant Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Decompressive Surgery Compared with Patients with Isolated Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Isolated Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.
- Effect of Rapid Return to Work After ECTR on Outcome (accepted as an AAOS Outcome Study).
- Simultaneous Bilateral Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release.
- Genetic Tendency to Develop Carpal and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome (peripheral neuropathy).
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Re-release for Recurrent or Unrelieved CTS.
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release in Rheumatoid Patients.
- Neck and Shoulder Pain as the Presenting Complaint in Carpal and cubital Tunnel Syndromes.
- Effect of an Aggressive Return to Work Program Optimizing Modern Surgical And Pharmacologic Modalities with Arthroscopic Acromioplasty with or Without Arthroscopic Lateral Clavicle Excision.
- Trapezial Resection Arthroplasty as a Lower Morbidity Alternative for Triscaphe Arthritis.
- Long Term Efficacy and Prognosis in Patients Treated with Posterior Interosseous Nerve Ablation for Keinboch's & Subtle Carpal Instability.
- Partial Wrist Denervation: Report of a New, Less Invasive, Percutaneous Technique.
- Non-Vascularized Fingertip Re-implantation as an Alternative to Amputation (begun 1990).
- Length of Hospitalization and Analgesic Needs after Knee Arthroplasty with and without Patellar Resurfacing.
- Soft Tissue Reconstruction for Rheumatoid Hand Deformity: Long Term Results, Ichtertz, D.R., Wood, V.E., Yahiku, H.
- Immediate Mobilization of Severely Fractured Ankles After Internal Fixation: A Prospective, Controlled Study (see publications).
- Assisted Daria Pardridge, M.D. in the lab of Donald Morton, M.D. at the Sepulveda, CA, VAH in tumor immunology studies using tissue culture.
- Thermography for Evaluating Low Back Pain, A Controlled Study (unpublished), Morris, J., Ichtertz, D.R., Rappaport, J., Georgis, T.
Long term follow-up results on operatively treated severe ankle fractures immediately mobilized. A prospective, controlled, randomized study. Ichtertz, D.R., Cimino, W., Slabaugh, P.: Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Vol. 267, pp. 152-256, June 1991.
Metachronous osteoid osteomas in the spine. Report of a case. Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Vol. 73A, No. 4, pp. 612-614, April 1991.
Soft tissue MP reconstruction for rheumatoid deformity. Wood, V.E., Ichtertz, D.R., Yahiku, H.: Journal of Hand Surgery, Vol. 14A, pp. 163-174, 1989.
Tibial artery thrombosis associated with simultaneous fractures of the femur and tibia. Ichtertz, D.R., Slabaugh, P.: Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Vol. 69A, pp. 775-777, 1987.
Metachronous osteoid osteomas in the spine. Report of a case. Abbott Society Proceedings, Vol. 20, pp. 103-113, May 1989.
The external rotation AP X-ray for the evaluation of rotator cuff tears. Abbott Society Proceedings, Vol. 20, pp. 103-113, May 1989.
A new radiographic technique for evaluation of painful knees. Ichtertz, D.R., Cannon, W.D., Jr. Abbott Society Proceedings, Vol. 16, pp. 28-40, May 1985.
Letter to the editor, re: intraneural ulnar nerve pressure in cubital tunnel decompression surgery, Journal of Hand Surgery, 1996.
Custom Patient Education Articles
(Reprints Available for a Small Fee Upon Request)
Why Complain, Solve Your Hand Pain, 2000.
The Myth of Failed Carpal Tunnel Releases, 2000.
Understanding Nerve Conduction Studies, Second Edition 2007
Ganglia of the Hand and Wrist, 2005.
An Orthopedist's Guide to Treating Back Disorders, Second Edition 1999 (English & Spanish).
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury, Second Edition 1998 (English & Spanish).
Anterior Knee Pain, 1999.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Seventh Edition 2004 (English & Spanish).
Correction of Rheumatoid Hand Deformity, 1999.
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Fourth Edition 2005 (English & Spanish).
De Quervain's and Trigger Finger, Second Edition 1999 (English & Spanish).
Double Crush Syndrome, 1996.
Lateral Epicondylitis/Epicondylalgia & Radial Tunnel Syndrome, Second Edition 1999 (English & Spanish).
Percutaneous Tennis Elbow Relief, 2007
Meniscal Injury, Third Edition 1999 (English & Spanish).
Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Fourth Edition 2004 (English & Spanish).
Trapeziometacarpal Arthritis, Third Edition 2005.